Old School Music

dealing with punk rock, speed/thrash and other music styles of the 80ies and beyond, a webpage connected to Red, Black & Green

Monday, May 27, 2013

Metal Extreme au Chili....

En avant-première ( vous retrouverez l'intégralité de l'itw dans ARGYOPE)Anton, de PENTAGRAM CHILE!!!! 1)Why and how the return of PENTAGRAM Chile (after so many years)? Are you satisfied so far with the feedbacks? All of this started when we were working on a reissue of the demos which came out through Cyclone Empire Records. I was talking to different people and there seemed to be quite a bit of interest in the band so we booked a small tour of Europe and it went great. The feeling in the band was great. so we decided to try and record the album that we didn't get to record back in the 80s. At the time of typing this only very few people have heard the album, but the reactions so far have been awesome and everybody seems to agree that we really captured the vibe of the ld material. 2) Let's go back in the 80ies, how was Chile musically ( the different music scènes) then? Well, the media was dominated by pop/rock in Spanish language, but there were a lot of hard rock and heavy metal fans. There was actually a hard rock scene, but most bands just played covers, and when they played originals they weren't really good, so we started the band kind of as a reaction against all that. 3) What made you decide to pick a music instrument, learn to use it, and create a band? Which were your influences? My aunt used to be a piano teacher and my parents asked her if she would teach me lessons, but I got bored of it, so my mother got me a guitar instead. I started playing the usual acoustic stuff but soon I was playing along to Sabbath songs. My influences back then were probably Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, Metallica, Michael Schenker, etc. la suite dans ARGYOPE....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home